Robert Wray is a Partner at Recruiting in Motion. Rob comes with 15 years of experience from a large, publicly traded, multinational recruiting firm where he held multiple roles, managed large teams and received numerous awards for his performance. Rob’s knowledge of the Permanent Accounting and Finance industry is accredited to having worked as both an Accountant and Controller himself prior to starting his recruiting career.
Rob’s strong relationships with his clients and candidates are attributed to always doing the right thing for them. Listening, empathizing and truly understanding them makes the matching process extremely easy. Rob’s reputation is built on honesty and integrity, along with his strong work ethic and superior knowledge in the recruiting field, positioning him as one of the best relationship managers in the industry.
Rob graduated from Wilfrid Laurier University in 1992 with an Honours Bachelor of Business Administration and specialized in Accounting.
Rob is married and has twin boys. In addition to spending time with his family, Rob plays hockey, golf, Ultimate Frisbee, skis and enjoys the outdoors at the cottage.
- Robert is positive but very superstitious; you will never see him sign in red pen as this represents negativity or deficit! He was once handed a red pen at a gas station, he kept 10 patrons waiting until one of them handed him a blue pen so he could finally sign his Visa slip.
- Robert considers himself an excellent ping pong player. During one of his candidate interviews, Rob noticed that the applicant proudly stated on his resume that he was a ping pong champion from Mauritius. Rob asked him if his accounting skills were as strong as his ping pong skills, and the candidate said he was equally strong in both. So, Rob challenged him to a game of ping pong right there and then. Who has a ping pong table in their office???
- Rob is very busy and has to be active. In fact, he has a hard time sitting through a movie and for this reason, has yet to see any of the Star Wars movies! The only movies he can stand watching are those that are based on a true story. If he’s going to sit still that long, he might as well be learning something!
- It is important to give back and try to do your share for the community. Annually, just before the Holiday Season, you will see Rob at a Loblaws store dancing, singing, and even yelling while out selling turkeys which get donated to Second Harvest so they can feed the underprivileged a Christmas dinner. If you’re lucky, you may even get a glimpse of him in the turkey suit! Anyone want to buy one from him this year?
- A kid at heart, Rob still loves to play all sorts of card and board games. So much so, that his best friends nicknamed him ‘Kid’ years ago and it stuck! You can call him Kid if you like, even if you don’t know him that well!