PREPARING FOR YOUR RECRUITING IN MOTION INTERVIEW
We look forward to meeting you in person, or via video-chat and assisting you with your job search!
Most of us are nervous when attending interviews (both in-person and online), especially those interviews where we are going to be recorded, but at Recruiting in Motion the process is simple and fun! And the optional video-clip portion of our interview is the best way to highlight your strongest asset; your personality. This will greatly assist in you being chosen for that all-important first interview and will significantly increase your chance of landing the job.
Here are some “pointers” to help you prepare for your meeting with one of our friendly recruitment professionals:
- Dress in business attire, just as if you were going to an in-person interview a prospective employer.
- Sample interview questions are listed at the bottom of this page – please read them in advance, and practice your answers ahead of time.
- Try to keep your answers relatively brief. A good rule-of-thumb would be to keep your answers to a maximum of 30 seconds (or less) for every question
- If you are attending an in-person interview, look directly at the interviewer and not at the desk or table below you. If you are attending a video-chat, look at the interviewer on-screen and not the web-camera
- Try not to move your body too much when you are being filmed.
- Wait for the interviewer to ask you a question before speaking, and ensure that you speak clearly.
When asked to discuss your technical strengths, focus on your professional skill-set, and not your personal attributes.
And, most importantly, if you have any questions; please ask! Our friendly associates want to ensure that this video-clip brings out the best of your many attributes, so if there is anything that requires clarification, do not hesitate to let us know!
Prior to attending the interview, we encourage you to review the sample video-clips on our web-site. These will give you a great idea as to what your video may look like.
In specific, please be prepared to answer the following questions for the video-clip portion of your interview:
- Please state your name.
- Please tell me about your technical strengths. OR Please tell me about your work experience.
- How would your colleagues describe your personality?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years?